The Department shall administer a program for the licensing of percolation testers, system designers, soil scientists/site evaluators, system contractors, liquid waste haulers, system inspectors and construction inspectors. The licensing program shall provide the issuance of licenses as follows:
- Class A - Percolation Tester: The class A license authorizes the performance of percolation tests and other types of infiltrometer testing.
- Class B - Designer: The Class B license authorizes the design of conventional on-site wastewater treatment and disposal systems which utilize gravity distribution systems for seepage beds and seepage trenches and lift stations as provided for in the Regulations.
- Class C - Designer: The Class C license authorizes the design of conventional and innovative/alternative on-site wastewater treatment and disposal systems and all pressure distribution systems.
- Class D - Soil Scientist/Site Evaluator: The Class D License authorizes the performance of individual soil evaluations, soil investigation reports, soil feasibility studies, percolation and/or permeability tests or hydraulic conductivity tests.
- Class E - System Contractor: The Class E license authorizes the construction, repair and installation of on-site wastewater treatment and disposal systems.
- Class F - Liquid Waste Hauler: The Class F license authorizes the removal, transportation or disposal of the solid and liquid contents of septic tanks, cesspools, grease traps, seepage pits, holding tanks, portable toilets or other wastewater treatment or disposal facilities as specified and required under these regulations.
- Class H - System Inspector: The Class H license authorizes the inspection, investigation and data collection to make determinations regarding the present operational condition of on-site wastewater treatment and disposal systems.
- Class I - Construction Inspector: The Class I license authorizes the inspection of all new, replacement and repairs of small gravity on-site wastewater treatment and disposal systems, gravity on-site system component replacements and cover inspections for above grade on-site wastewater treatment and disposal systems.